When organisations think of legacy technical debt, invariably they focus on the residual tasks being applied to their backlog. When considering legacy technical debt, your focus should be across the entire SDLC. Your legacy technical debt accumulates due to your processes, people, approach to build, test, development & support.
Common client challenges:
- Organisations endeavour to build applications in a modular manner, however, it doesn’t always turn out that way. Invariably they end up with cloned applications with multiple flavours requiring differing levels of maintenance & testing, all of which is time-consuming & unnecessary
- They allow high-level designs, low-level designs, business process & logical data models to degrade which then lead to uninformed decision making when constructing or augmenting applications
- This leads to invisible legacy technical debt that forces us down a continued path. We don’t go to another room to watch a different channel on the TV, at the touch of a button we simply change the channel
- Applications should be constructed in the same way
- Our business process modelling solutions address this, not only allowing you to construct & augment seamlessly, they enable informed service management, better business continuity planning while providing a true insight into your technical debt
- Technical debt is further compounded due to a lack of uniformity across the design, development & testing processes, multiple geographically located teams
- Applications are often impacted by poor coding standards & invisible security vulnerabilities that are akin to leaving the house in the morning with the door wide open
Our solution benefits:
Our solutions enable you to expediently gain an insight into these will help you better understand the true risk your organisation is carrying as well as understanding the remediation actions, priorities & associated timelines:
- A forensic review provides visibility of fractures you are carrying in relation to people, process & technology. This is augmented by a comprehensive code & security vulnerability review
- We can provide a prioritised roadmap to remediate any changes & enable you to expediently reach your desired target operating model
- We can also provide the capability to undertake any remediation work without impacting your BAU activities
- Our solutions are time-boxed & delivered on a capped cost basis ensuring that our clients don’t exceed budget as we share the outcome-based financial risk
Get in touch via email@example.com for more information.