Business models are used to describe & classify your technology DNA. Failure to keep these updated results in heavy reliance on oversubscribed resources, which in turn leads to inappropriate & costly technology & transformation decisions.
Business models are used to aid application enhancement, deploying modular applications, where functionality can be switched on & off.
Business models are used to enable cloud migration with minimal re-architecture, they are relied on to underpin outsourcing. Why then, do organisations let them degrade or not build them correctly in the first place?
Common client challenges:
- Low quality & inconsistent service delivery.
- Unfocussed & ‘fuzzy’ business requirements.
- Conflicting & /or missing business processes – too many workarounds.
- Unclear lines of responsibility with little or non-existent ownership of process delivery & data.
- A disconnect between business & technology.
- Inconsistent approach to requirements, solution design, quality assurance & delivery.
- Weak quality assurance & governance within an organisation.
- Incomplete or missing reference architecture across the enterprise.
- Poor decision making across business, technology & data.
Our solution benefits:
- Provide a standards-based method to capture & document business requirements & processes.
- Offers the ability to maintain business process integrity & outcomes.
- Drive consistency & ensures end to end quality is maintained within business processes.
- Encourage & promote closer collaboration within the enterprise – Delivers insights into business needs.
- Improve quality assurance, testing & user training.
- Help to reduce project/solution delivery timelines.
- Increase the speed of solution delivery – Drives adoption of data governance & ownership.
- Support the compilation or production of standard operating procedures (SOPs), showing clear lines of responsibility & ownership.
Get in touch via [email protected] for more information.